Thursday 29 April 2010

Evaluation Question Six

6. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

List of technologies used with what I learnt:
1. TRIPOD: With the tripod I learnt to make sure that I look at the built in spirit level monitor to make sure that the camera was steady and that it wasn't titled. This was important because it added to the overall quality of the shots.
2. DIGITAL CAMERA: I learnt how to upload the pictures from the memory stick onto a photograph printer for the shot of the photographs on the wall.
3. DIGITAL VIDEO CAMERA: I learnt a lot about white balance on these cameras. In particular, that because of their white balance settings you cannot film a computer screen using one of these cameras because the lens is unable to focus and get a clear shot.
4. iMac: In general, I learnt a lot more about the different features that come with an apple mac, for example, 'grab' is the apple version of print screen on a windows computer.
5. PROFESSIONAL VIDEO CAMERA: I learnt that the white balance on these cameras are better than on the other digital video camera as the lens can focus on the computer screen, so the audience are able to read what is being typed up in the opening. I also had to learn how to use this camera and find where all its functions were (like the record button) because nobody in our group had ever used one before. Furthermore, when uploading the footage filmed on this camera I learnt that you cannot upload footage filmed on this professional camera through the other digital cameras.

Additional Information:

YouTube – I developed my knowledge of posting videos online in order to gain feedback. However, with YouTube I learnt that you can never guarantee that the people commenting are within the age range of your target audience.


Facebook – this website was especially helpful because we could post our videos online and ask for audience feedback (because you can see who is commenting you can make sure that they are part of your target audience). I also learnt that it is a good website to use for communicating with other members of the group because you can tag each other in your status updates with links etc in order to make sure that everyone is up-to-date.


SlideShare- I learnt how to upload slideshows and word documents and then embed them onto my blog


iMovie- this programme allowed me to develop my editing skills. Through the process of constructing this product I learnt how to speed up and slow down different clips. I also learnt how to change the colouring of certain clips and how to make the camera movements appear smoother by used a tool called ‘stabilizer’.



iTunes- after downloading copyright free music from www.freeplaymusic.com onto iTunes I learnt how to transfer it onto our media product


Blogger – I learnt how to create a blog and upload and embed different files and formats in order to make my blog as interesting as possible


DaFont – this is the website that we got the text that we used for the film of our title from. It helped me to learn how to download and install fonts onto my computer


Photoshop – I used YouTube tutorials to teach me how to use it. After watching the videos I learnt how to create different images and this is the programme that I used to create the title image on my blog


KeepVid – how to download a video from YouTube and paste it into the opening two minutes of our film. (Used this for the ‘Fox Searchlight Production’ indent)

No comments:

Post a Comment